Turmeric (Curcuma longa) is a rhizomatous herbaceous perennial plant of the ginger family, Zingiberaceae. It is native to tropical South Asia and needs temperatures between 20 °C and 30 °C and a considerable amount of annual rainfall to thrive. Plants are gathered annually for their rhizomes, and propagated from some of those rhizomes in the following season.
Turmeric is the dried root of curcuma Longa. It has a tough brown skin and bright orange flesh. It is a major ingredient in curry powder.
Packaging & Labelling
As per buyer’s requirement
Jabs ships different grades, as per the buyers requirement.
- Turmeric is a relative of ginger is considered as one of the amazing medicinal plants used in India for thousands of years. Lots of scientific study had been done about the medicinal property of turmeric.
- Its antiseptic property has been scientifically proven.
- It is used in treating arthritis due to its anti-inflammatory property.
- Turmeric is used to relieve digestive problems like ulcers, dysentery.
- Turmeric helps by lowering serum cholesterol and by preventing the formation of the internal blood clots improves circulation and prevents heart disease and stroke.
- Turmeric can be taken as a drink and can also be added to food. One tablespoon per cup of milk can be a good addition to your daily routine.
- Fresh or dry turmeric is used for saline gargles to relieve and prevent sores.